Steps Taken During The Construction Process
- Segregation of waste on site and exemplar waste management leading to
- >98% of all waste generated has been diverted from landfill through recycling, re-use and recovery.
- Specifying healthy materials with low environmental impact, i.e. no VOC’s
- Noise assessments and monitoring throughout construction period
- Monitoring run-off and water quality. Close liaison with Environment Agency as sites fall in a designated area of diminishing water quality.
- Rainwater harvesting from temporary site accommodation for use as dust suppression.
- Employment of independent Ecologist to advise on ecological impacts of works and to undertake surveys and newt relocation.
- Design of projects to maximise retention of excavated materials on site.
- Performance beyond compliance through the Considerate Constructor Scheme