Esh Winning Whole School Curriculum
The intent of our whole school journey is to forge aspirational adult citizens who are valued in society and realise the characteristics of resilience, a growth mindset, importance of health and well-being, community and life-long learning.
As a primary school we have developed a curriculum which:
- supports and elevates quality first teaching
- fosters a love of learning beyond the walls of the classroom,
- allows children to flourish in a holistic, nurturing environment
- is high quality, inspiring and challenging for all
- is sequential, progressive and coherent
- embraces social justice and equitable delivery to all
- promotes positive partnerships between children, staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
- Develops a deep body of knowledge, skills, understanding and thinking
- Embeds Maths and English skills
- Fosters belonging to the community, values, character, pride, heritage and resilience
- Prepares all for the digital world
- Inspires curiosity, fascination and a deep understanding of people, the world, the past and the present
- Is rooted in the local with eyes on the global
- Has a clear sequence of learning, including opportunities to revisit previous learning, to ensure the end point is achieved.
- Ensures all children achieve their full potential across the breadth of the curriculum
- Supports staff to use second and third tier vocabulary in context, immersing our children in high quality vocabulary and explanation.