My Name is Farrah Elgey and I am your Parent Support Adviser. I have worked with children and families for over 13 years.
I have worked within many different services that all add to my knowledge and experience, which I use to provide whole family support. Through my support I hope to assist adults and children through any challenging times that they may have – we all have them!
My specialist knowledge includes; safeguarding, mental health, domestic violence, special educational needs, parenting programmes, substance misuse, finance, anti-social behaviours, worklessness and behavioural difficulties. I don’t have all the answers, but sometimes just having someone to talk to and listen can help. That’s what I’m here for…
What I can offer
- Specialist parenting advice
- Whole Family Support
- One-2-one advice and support
- Specialist service referrals and information
- Evidenced based Parenting Programmes
- Family Assessment
- Telephone contact
- Better communication between home and school
- Lead Professional Role (Team around the Family)
- Information regarding local provision for families
- Emotional support for your child in school
- Behaviour support
- Domestic Violence support
- Mental Health advice and support
- Substance misuse guidance and referrals
I am available in school on a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. If you would like advice or have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact me on 0191 373 4808 or, alternatively, leave your name and telephone number at the school office and I will contact you as soon as possible.