The intent of our whole school journey is to forge aspirational adult citizens who are valued in society and realise the characteristics of resilience, a growth mindset, importance of health and well-being, community and life-long learning.
As a primary school we have developed an inclusive curriculum which:
- supports and elevates quality first teaching
- fosters a love of learning beyond the walls of the classroom,
- allows children to flourish in a holistic, nurturing environment
- is high quality, inspiring and challenging for all
- is sequential, progressive and coherent
- embraces social justice and equitable delivery to all
- promotes positive partnerships between children, staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
- Develops a deep body of knowledge, skills, understanding and thinking
- Embeds Maths and English skills
- Fosters belonging to the community, values, character, pride, heritage and resilience
- Prepares all for the digital world
- Inspires curiosity, fascination and a deep understanding of people, the world, the past and the present
- Is rooted in the local with eyes on the global
- Has a clear sequence of learning, including opportunities to revisit previous learning, to ensure the end point is achieved.
- Ensures all children achieve their full potential across the breadth of the curriculum
Supports staff to use second and third tier vocabulary in context, immersing our children in high quality vocabulary and explanation.