We provide support for pupils to improve their emotional and social development in the following ways:
- Pupils with SEN are encouraged to be part of the school council
- Pupils with SEN are also encouraged to be part of after school clubs to promote teamwork/building friendships etc.
- We have Teaching Assistants that are trained in delivering therapeutic interventions within school. The areas of emotional difficulties that we provide for are: specified social skills; friendships and relationships and anger management.
- Pupils who struggle with social situations may be invited to attend Break time and Lunchtime Clubs. These clubs support the children in managing unstructured social time.
- We work closely with the Emotional Wellbeing Team who support individual children and deliver staff training.
We have a zero tolerance approach to bullying.